The first printing of Kim Cooper's The Kept Girl is being published by the Subscription model. Subscriptions are now closed. Subscribers to the book will enjoy the following benefits:
- They are among the first people on earth to hold a copy of The Kept Girl in their hands.
- They are prominently acknowledged in print in all copies of the book itself.
- They are the author's guest at a very special Subscriber's Appreciation event.
- Their Subscriber's' copy of The Kept Girl comes enclosed in a limited edition decorative case.
- They will also receive an ebook edition of The Kept Girl upon request.
If you are interested in staying informed about the book and special offers, please sign up for the mailing list.
About this publishing method: The Subscription model of publishing flourished in England in the 17th Century. Instead of relying on a single regal (and often capricious) patron, authors and publishers cultivated a select group of literate, engaged readers and collectors whose support encouraged and enabled the publication of books that would otherwise be prohibitively expensive to produce. Through Subscription-sponsored publication, important atlases, geographies and histories saw the light, along with great literature, including Milton's Paradise Lost.